We would like to cordially invite you to participate in the 3rd Novice Cup Event.
On Sunday 20th October 2019 starting at 10.00am (Doors open from 9.30am) Location: Elmbank Conference Centre, Half Edge Lane, Eccles M30 9BA
This event is designed to promote competitions and distinctions to club members who would not generally get involved in the federation annual club competition or club knockout competition.
It will be open to all clubs, but only club members who currently do not have any photographic qualifications or accreditations can enter, and it would only be open to images that have not already been used in the knock out or annual club competition or received an award in a national or international competition.
The Novice Cup is an un-mounted ‘A4’ print competition, and is in two sections; Open Colour and Open Monochrome.
Entry opens on the L&CPU Portal on the 6th September 2019 and Closes on the 13th October 2019.
We are also asking entrants to upload a digital version this year, which will be used during the awards presentation.
Each club can enter 6 images from 6 different authors in each section.
Judges this year are Libby Smith MPAGB HonPAGB EFIAP and Neil Smith DPAGB APAGB AFIAP from the Scottish Photographic Federation and our own Past President, Garth Tighe.
During the closed judging sessions we will provide a number of lectures provided by well known and established photographers from our own Federation.
Tickets will be £15.00 and are available through the L&CPU Online Portal from the 6th September 2019. A full catered warm buffet along with Tea and Coffee during the breaks will be provided as part of the ticket price.
- 9.30 Doors Open and Refreshments
- 10.00 Introduction by the President of the L&CPU
- 10.15 Clubs to set out Mono Prints (Judging Starts in side room)
- 10.30 1st Speaker – Jane Lines – My Journey though the PAGB Awards
- 11.15 Tea Break
- 11.45 2nd Speaker – Annette Hockney from North Cheshire PS – PAGB Distinction Panel
- 12.30 Mono Prints Available to View
- 13.00 Lunch
- 13.45 Clubs to set out Colour Prints (Judging Continues in side room)
- 14.00 3rd Speaker – Roy Rimmer ‘Dance to my tune … or we are not dancing’ – Nature Photography
- 15.00 Colour Prints Available to View
- 15.30 Results and Presentations
- 16.30 Close
Further details, along with information the awards, judges and how to enter can be found here.