News from Amateur Photography, Ephotozine, DPReview:
- Win A Vanguard VEO 3T 265HCBP Tripod Or 1 Of 4 OSLO 25BY Shoulder Bagson 20th September 2021 at 1:02 pm
Enter our 'Dawn/Dusk' photography competition to be in with a chance of winning 1 of 5 top prizes from Vanguard which includes a travel tripod worth £269.99.
- 50% Off PortraitPro 21 Software + An Extra 20% Off With Discount Codeon 20th September 2021 at 1:02 pm
Anthropics are giving ePHOTOzine members the chance to save an extra 20% when purchasing PortraitPro 21 on top of their already discounted '50% off' price (download version only).
- Osea Beach Huts Shot Filled With Pastel Shades Wins 'Photo Of The Week'on 20th September 2021 at 11:06 am
A beautiful example of fine art photography has won ePHOTOzine's 'Photo of the Week' accolade and a memory card courtesy of Samsung.
- Minox color minotar 35mm f2.8 to E-mount lensby Joshua Waller on 19th September 2021 at 2:11 pm
The Minox color minotar 35mm f2.8 lens has been adapted for use on Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, such as the Sony Alpha A7 series.
- Apple's 7 minute video helps you decide which iPhone 13 has the best camera for youon 19th September 2021 at 2:00 pm
Apple has just released a 7 minute video detailing some of the biggest upgrades to the iPhone 13 camera systems. If we wanted you to walk away with one take-home from the keynote, other than the Cinematic Mode everyone's talking about, it'd be this: Apple crammed the rather large 1/1.9"-type sensor with 1.7µm pixels from last year's largest iPhone 12 Pro Max into this year's smallest iPhone 13 Mini. Meanwhile, all models saw modest sensor size increases, and you no longer have to choose the […]
- Historical footnote to technology of the future: three moments with the Canon EOS R3 that changed...on 19th September 2021 at 2:00 pm
The EOS R3's Eye Control system works on a similar principle to the one used in the late 90's and early 2000s, but isn't really trying to select individual, discrete AF points To me, Eye Control has always been some great 'what if,' that inevitably gets mentioned when camera geeks of a certain age spent too much time together. I went straight from a manual focus SLR to digital cameras, so I've never felt those pangs of nostalgia, myself: it just sounded like a failed technology that even […]
- Save 69% On inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate Softwareon 19th September 2021 at 11:00 am
You can now buy inPixio's most popular photo editing software as a money-saving bundle where you can save 69% on the normal RRP.
- Canon Intelligent Compact Camera and Posture Fit Conceptsby Joshua Waller on 19th September 2021 at 10:21 am
Canon are showing a number of new and unique cameras at TPS 2021, including two new prototype "cameras" - except one isn't a camera.
- Get Up To 30% Off Regatta Waterproof Jacketson 19th September 2021 at 10:00 am
Regatta has taken up to 30% off the price of waterproof jackets so you can save money while getting ready for your Autumn walks.
- Save 20% Extra On LandscapePro With Our Discount Codeon 19th September 2021 at 9:00 am
Anthropics are giving ePHOTOzine members the chance to save 20% extra when purchasing Landscape Pro which is already discounted by 50% (download version only).
- Video: a Retro Review of the 3.3MP Sony S70 digital camera, 21 years after its releaseon 18th September 2021 at 6:17 pm
Gordon Laing, founder of Camera Labs, is back with another episode of ‘Retro Review,’ an ongoing series wherein Laing reviews old digital cameras and electronics decades after they first hit the market. For this latest review, Laing reviews the first digital camera he ever owned, a 3.3MP Sony CyberShot S70. As Laing shares in the 15-minute review, the S70 was released back in 2000, alongside the more entry-level S50 and S30 models. It retailed for $800 at the time, undercutting its two main […]
- DPReview TV: Chris and Jordan answer your questions about the Canon EOS R3on 18th September 2021 at 2:00 pm
Chris and Jordan received a lot of feedback after their preview of the Canon EOS R3 (most of it good), and in this episode they answer some of the questions that came up in the YouTube comments. Watch the video to see if they answered one of yours. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get new episodes of DPReview TV every week. Introduction Can it be charged/powered through USB? Is electronic shutter compatible with any flash? How do readout speeds compare? Any overheating with standard 4K […]
- Charlie Phillips On Photography and Untold Storiesby Joshua Waller on 18th September 2021 at 1:54 pm
Charlie Phillips talks to Amateur Photographer about photography, photographing Mohammed Ali and life in England.
- Smartphone Picture of the Week 18/09/2021by Jessica Miller on 18th September 2021 at 9:29 am
We share this week's chosen photograph for AP's Smartphone Picture of the Week
- A dedicated amateur astronomer in Brazil caught an object hitting Jupiter's surfaceon 17th September 2021 at 2:53 pm
An image of Jupiter taken by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope Brazilian amateur astronomer José Luis Pereira was shooting Jupiter on September 13 when an object struck the gas giant. Pereira used a QHY5III462C camera with a Newtonian 275mm F5.3 telescope in São Caetano do Sul, São Paulo, Brazil when he captured the incredible event. It was a clear night, so he recorded 25 videos to put through a program called DeTeCt. The software is used to analyze video and detect impacts on Jupiter and […]
- Film Friday: More information about how NoColorStudio developed its new 'No. 5' emulsionon 17th September 2021 at 1:00 pm
For this week’s installment of Film Friday, we’re taking a closer look at ‘no.5,’ a new film stock from NoColorStudio, an independent film photography company that focuses on large format film camera accessories and, now, specialty film stocks. We posted a first look at this new film last month, but since then our friends at 35mmc have taken a deeper dive, and interviewed Arnas Špaka, creator of NoColorStudio. As with many ‘new’ films nowadays, this isn’t a new formula designed […]
- Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro For Windowson 17th September 2021 at 10:00 am
With the help of Eclipse HDR software, you can create really great high dynamic imagery and for a limited time, you can receive a 60% discount when you buy Eclipse HDR Pro.
- Free Alternative Photography Workshopson 17th September 2021 at 10:00 am
The Real Photography Company are putting on a series of five unique photography workshops at the darkrooms in St Pauls, Bristol.
- Video: A look at the rare ‘white face’ Rolleiflex 2.8F twin-lens reflex cameraon 16th September 2021 at 7:19 pm
Bellamy Hunt of Japan Camera Hunter fame is back with another episode of Camera Geekery, his ongoing YouTube series wherein he highlights the unique designs and features of older film cameras. This episode of the ongoing series features the much-requested Rolleiflex 2.8F, a twin-lens reflex (TLR) camera that was first available in 1949, but continued to be produced all the way through 2014 with the Rolleiflex 2.8FX. As Hunt explains in his video, the particular model he shows off isn’t your […]
- Astronomy Photographer of the Year winners revealedby Geoff Harris on 16th September 2021 at 7:01 pm
Enjoy some of the stunning images which won through in the latest Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition
- GoPro announces Hero10 Black with new chip, better performance and improved usabilityon 16th September 2021 at 4:03 pm
Precisely one year ago, GoPro announced the Hero9 Black action camera. Today, GoPro has announced its successor, the Hero10 Black. While GoPro's latest action camera looks familiar, a new GP2 chip inside results in significantly improved performance. With its GP2 chip, the Hero10 Black features double the performance frame rates compared to 2020's Hero9 Black. The increased processing power has other benefits. The Hero10 can upload a video to your phone or the cloud 30 percent faster […]
- Visit us at The Photography Show 2021 – Get Great Prizes!by Joshua Waller on 16th September 2021 at 3:04 pm
Find out what's happening at The Photography Show 2021, as well as what special offers are available from AP
- Exclusive offer from CameraWorld for AP Readersby Joshua Waller on 16th September 2021 at 2:35 pm
CameraWorld are offering an exclusive offer for AP readers when trading in any equipment at The Photography Show 2021
- Sigma 24mm F2 DG DN sample gallery (DPReview TV)on 16th September 2021 at 2:00 pm
Chris and Jordan from DPReview TV recently reviewed Sigma's new 24mm F2 DG DN 'Contemporary' lens. Check out the sample gallery from their review to see what this lens can deliver. If you missed their review you can watch it here. View the Sigma 24mm F2 DG DN 'Contemporary' sample gallery from DPReview TV
- Cosina unveils a $600 Voigtlander 28mm F2.8 Aspherical lens for Nikon F mount camera systemson 16th September 2021 at 1:41 pm
Cosina has announced the release of its Voigtlander Color-Skopar 28mm F2.8 SL II S Aspherical lens for Nikon F-mount camera systems. The lens, which is fully manual and constructed entirely of metal and glass, consists of seven elements in six groups, including a double-sided aspherical element. Cosina says the lens was designed ‘with nostalgia and functionality’ in mind as a tribute to lenses released in the mid-to-late 1960s. The all-metal helicoid focusing unit inside the lens […]
- GoPro HERO10 Black Announced with 5.3K videoby Joshua Waller on 16th September 2021 at 1:00 pm
GoPro has announced the latest action camera, the GoPro HERO10 Black, said to deliver breakthrough image quality and speed, with 5.3K video.
- Is the Canon EOS R3's Eye Control AF good enough for sports shooting?on 16th September 2021 at 1:00 pm
Introduction Not your average viewfinder, this. As expected, the Canon EOS R3 is chock-full of some of the latest and greatest camera technology that we've ever seen. Much of this is due to an all-new, super-fast sensor, redesigned processor and a machine learning-trained autofocus system that readily detects humans, animals and race cars. As such, Canon is quick to point out that there is much more to the EOS R3 than just Eye Control AF – but Eye Control AF is a novel feature, […]
- Best Macro Lenses for Mirrorless and DSLRs 2021by Joshua Waller on 16th September 2021 at 10:21 am
We reveal the best macro lenses currently available for close-up shooting, for both mirrorless and DSLR cameras.
- Facebook responds to WSJ report stating it's aware of the harmful influence Instagram has on teenson 15th September 2021 at 8:58 pm
Yesterday, The Wall Street Journal published an an article claiming Facebook has knowingly ignored its own research that shows just how toxic Instagram is for the mental health of younger people, particularly teen girls. Facebook has since published a response, suggesting the research and Facebook’s subsequent actions pertaining to the research, were taken out of context by The Wall Street Journal. In an article titled ‘Facebook Knows Instagram Is Toxic for Teen Girls, Company Documents […]
- Slideshow: Winners of Nikon's 47th annual Small World Photomicrography competitionon 15th September 2021 at 7:36 pm
Winners of Nikon's 47th annual Small World Photomicrography competition Nikon Instruments recently announced the winners and finalists for its 47th annual Small World Photomicrography competition. Thousands of images were submitted from around the world. A panel of judges including Hank Green, Dr. Nsikan Akpan of New York Public Radio, and Dr. Hesper Rego from Yale School of Medicine selected the pool of 100 winners and honorable mentions. The First Place prize was awarded to Jason Kirk. […]