News from Amateur Photography, Ephotozine, DPReview:
- Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary Lens Announcedon 22nd October 2021 at 11:38 pm
The Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary is a fast, standard zoom for crop sensor mirrorless cameras that's ideal for day-to-day shooting.
- 3 Legged Thing Announces Updated Punks Range Tripodson 22nd October 2021 at 11:38 pm
The award-winning British tripod maker announces a revitalised line-up for its highly-acclaimed Punks tripod range.
- Win A Copy Of DxO PhotoLab 5 or FilmPack 6 Software!on 22nd October 2021 at 11:38 pm
We've tamed up with DxO to give you the chance to win either a copy of the brand-new PhotoLab 5 or FilmPack 6 photo editing software.
- DxO Introduce PhotoLab 5 With Improved Local Adjustment Tools & Support For Fujifilm X-Trans Sensor...on 22nd October 2021 at 11:38 pm
DxO PhotoLab 5 has been announced and some of the software's most popular tools have had an update. Plus, support for various cameras has been added along with a new keyword structure system.
- DxO FilmPack 6 Introduced With New Film Analog Filters & Effectson 22nd October 2021 at 11:38 pm
This latest version of DxO FilmPack 6 introduces new films, cinematographic renderings and support for Fujifilm cameras.
- ePHOTOzine Daily Competition Challenge Winners Week 2 October 2021on 22nd October 2021 at 11:38 pm
Find out who has won a 32GB MicroSD card with SD adapter courtesy of Samsung in our latest Daily competition challenges.
- vivo X70 Pro+ sample galleryon 22nd October 2021 at 7:45 pm
Over the past four weeks, we’ve put vivo’s new X70 Pro+ to the test to see just how well its quadruple camera array holds up. While you can read the full details in our initial coverage, here's the basic specifications for the four cameras on the back of the X70 Pro+: a 50MP wide module, an 8MP periscope telephoto module (125mm full-frame equiv.), a 12MP telephoto module (50mm full-frame equiv.) and a 48MP ultrawide module (14mm full-frame equiv.). As with its X60 Pro lineup, the X70 Pro […]
- Ricoh announces new $1,400 21mm F2.4 ED Limited DC WR lens, set for November releaseon 22nd October 2021 at 5:57 pm
[Deep breath] Ricoh has announced the release of its new HD Pentax-D FA 21mm F2.4 ED Limited DC WR lens (Phew, that was a mouthful). This new lens is designed for Pentax K-mount full-frame DSLR camera systems and is the latest in the company’s ‘Limited’ lens series, which it says is set apart for the lens’ ‘distinctive image rendition and exterior design.’ The lens is constructed of 11 elements in eight groups, including four extra-low dispersion elements and one ‘Super’ […]
- WORLD FIRST: Rotolight NEO 3 and AEOS 2 First Look Video!by Joshua Waller on 22nd October 2021 at 5:13 pm
Nigel Atherton has an in-depth look at the new Rotolight NEO 3 and AEOS 2, in this new video
- Photographer Diane Arbus honored with life-size bronze statue in Central Parkon 22nd October 2021 at 3:18 pm
British conceptual artist Gillian Wearing has created a bronze statue honoring the late photographer Diane Arbus. The statue is presented by Public Art Fund and will be in Doris C. Freedman Plaza in Central Park in New York City until August 14, 2022. 'In her bronze 'Diane Arbus,' we see the posthumous homage to a pioneering artist by another from a different time and place,' says Public Art Fund Artistic and Executive Director Nicholas Baume. 'We also see a modest, unassuming figure, standing […]
- Adobe Premiere Rush and Photoshop Express will soon be included in the $10/month Photography Planon 22nd October 2021 at 3:07 pm
Adobe's Photography Plan, which currently includes Lightroom, Photoshop and 20GB of cloud storage for $9.99 per month, is adding Adobe Premiere Rush and Adobe Photoshop Express at no additional cost beginning next week. Adobe Premiere Rush is a quick video editing application available on desktop and mobile devices. It was originally unveiled in 2018 as Project Rush. Since launch, Adobe has added new features and functions, although Premiere Rush remains a simpler, more approachable and less […]
- Best photography competitions to enter in 2021by Amy Davies on 22nd October 2021 at 1:50 pm
The best photography competitions to enter in 2021, along with deadlines and top tips from judges to help your images stand out from the crowd
- Film Friday: Reviewing the Pentax Auto 110, a ‘subminiature’ camera system small enough to fit...on 22nd October 2021 at 1:00 pm
What I told you it was possible to take an entire camera and a set of lenses with you in just your two front pockets? What if I told you was talking about a film camera? I’m sure you’d have some questions. And to that end I’d point you to Bob Janes' review of the Pentax Auto 110, a ‘subminiature’ 110 film camera whose body offered relatively advanced features in a pocket-sized form factor. As Janes explains in his thorough review for 35mmc, the Pentax Auto 110 wasn’t the first 110 […]
- Regatta Mid Season Sale Is On Now - Up To 50% Offon 22nd October 2021 at 9:00 am
Regatta is having a mid-season sale where jackets, coats, boots and more are discounted by up to 50% for a select time.
- Got questions about the Sony a7 IV? Head to our AMA on Redditon 21st October 2021 at 7:17 pm
Are you curious to know more about the new Sony a7 IV? Are there any obscure details that we've not already covered in our launch content? If so, we'll be taking questions over on Reddit and we'd love you to join us. We'll be keeping an eye on the comments here on DPR but if you want to ask anything specific, please just ask on Reddit and we'll do the necessary menu diving to try to provide an answer. The AMA will run until around 12AM UTC / 7PM Eastern / 4PM Pacific Click here to re-read or […]
- APOY Round Eight Results: Travelby Jessica Miller on 21st October 2021 at 4:31 pm
We take a look at the top ten photographs from APOY round eight: Travel, plus the current leaderboard
- Photographing foxes: new book features fantastic imageryby Geoff Harris on 21st October 2021 at 3:53 pm
Find out more about this exciting new wildlife-photography book project, produced some some familiar AP names, and how you can support it on Kickstarter
- Sony reveals 33MP Alpha 7 IVby Andy Westlake on 21st October 2021 at 2:00 pm
Sony's new full-frame all-rounder, the Sony Alpha A7 IV, brings a slew of desirable updates over its predecessor
- Sony A7 IV vs A7 III: what’s the difference, and what’s new?by Andy Westlake on 21st October 2021 at 2:00 pm
See the difference between the Alpha 7 IV and Alpha 7 III, with lots of side-by-side pictures
- DPReview TV: Sony a7 IV first impressions reviewon 21st October 2021 at 2:00 pm
There's a lot to test on the Sony a7 IV. To cover it all, Chris and Jordan took a road trip through southern Alberta to test both stills and video. Watch to find out if the camera lives up to the hype. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get new episodes of DPReview TV every week. Introduction Low light samples Handling and controls Displays Daylight samples Burst shooting and buffer Autofocus Video quality Video autofocus Video stabilization Breathing compensation Focus Map tool Streaming […]
- Sony announces two new flash units with improved continuous performance, smarter auto white balance...on 21st October 2021 at 2:00 pm
Alongside the release of its new A7 IV camera system, Sony also announced the HVL-F60RM2 and HVL-F46RM, a pair of hotshoe flash units designed to make the most of the new imaging capabilities inside the A7 IV. The HVL-F60RM2 flashj has a guide number of 60 and 20–200mm coverage, while the HVL-F46RM has a guide number of 46 and 24–105mm coverage. Both flashes have improved continuous shooting performance, topping out at up to 200 continuous flashes at up to 10 frames per second (at 1/32 […]
- Sony launches a7 IV - more capable, more expensive 33MP full-frame ILCon 21st October 2021 at 2:00 pm
Sony has announced the a7 IV, a more capable but also more expensive 33MP model as part of its core range of full-frame mirrorless cameras. The a7 IV is built around a new 33MP BSI-CMOS sensor and its latest Bionz XR processors, which powers improvements in just about every aspect of performance. The a7 IV uses a version of Sony's latest full-frame body design, with a larger grips and bigger buttons than its predecessor. There's also a higher-resolution (3.69M dot) viewfinder and […]
- Sony a7 IV initial reviewon 21st October 2021 at 2:00 pm
The Sony a7 IV is the fourth generation of the company's core a7 full-frame mirrorless camera model. It's the most advanced yet, bringing many of the improvements Sony has made in terms of autofocus and interface design since the launch of the a7 III, back in February 2018. Key Specifications 33MP BSI CMOS full-frame sensor Up to 10 fps shooting in lossy Raw with extensive buffer In-body stabilization rated up to 5.5EV Full-width oversampled 4K from 7K, up to 30p 4K/60p with Super35 / APS-C […]
- Sony a7 IV sample galleryon 21st October 2021 at 2:00 pm
The Sony a7 IV is the most advanced iteration of the a7-series yet, bringing improvements across the board, from autofocus to user interface. We've been shooting with an a7 IV for a few days, and we've prepared a gallery of images, so you can see for yourself what its new 33MP BSI-CMOS sensor can do. Check out our gallery of samples from the Sony a7 IV
- How to clean your camera sensor – Safe and simpleby Geoff Harris on 21st October 2021 at 1:55 pm
Pro Guy Edwardes shows us how to clean your camera sensor - it's quick and easy when you know what you're doing following this guide.
- Best Micro Four Thirds Lenses 2021by Joshua Waller on 21st October 2021 at 10:01 am
If you're looking for the best Micro Four Thirds Lenses for your Olympus, Panasonic or other Micro Four Thirds camera, then this list is for you.
- Get An Extra 15% Off Regatta Jackets & More With Our Exclusive Codeon 21st October 2021 at 9:47 am
Regatta want to give you the chance to save an extra 15% on their top picks which includes jackets, coats and more.
- Best Zoom Lenses for Micro Four Thirdsby Amy Davies on 21st October 2021 at 9:30 am
Best Zoom Lenses for Micro Four Thirds - Pick up a zoom lens for ultimate flexibility when shooting with your Panasonic or Olympus camera
- Sony Semiconductor reveals new 20MP Stacked CMOS ready for Micro Four Thirdson 21st October 2021 at 1:30 am
Sony Semiconductor has published technical specs of the IMX472, a Four Thirds format Stacked CMOS sensor that can be read-out at full bit-depth at up to 120 fps. The super-fast readout of Stacked CMOS sensors is key to fast shooting and fast autofocus, as well as video capabilities in the latest high-end cameras. The 21.77mm diagonal (4/3"-type) sensor would seem to be perfectly suited to underpinning range-topping cameras in the Micro Four Thirds system. Perhaps not coincidentally, OM Digital […]
- DxO's new PhotoLab 5 and FilmPack 6 get Fujifilm X-Trans support, performance boosts and moreon 20th October 2021 at 9:19 pm
DxO has announced the latest versions of DxO PhotoLab and DxO FilmPack. DxO PhotoLab 5 features improved Control Point functionality and new ways to adjust images, more efficient DeepPRIME implementation, improved asset management tools, and for the first time, Fujifilm X-Trans support. DxO FilmPack 6 includes X-Trans support, plus a new 'Time Machine' feature, new film stocks, and improved handling of H/S/L adjustments. DxO PhotoLab 5 DxO's U Point technology underwent significant improvement […]